Why a Dentist would buy a Panoramic System?
There are several opinions about why a Dentist would buy a Panoramic X-Ray System.
- Actual price of a Digital Pan (For example $19,995.00) is not the true cost for Dentists as they are entitled to tax breaks and/or expense it as a capital expenditure depending on their tax brackets. The actual cost will be much less than $19,995.00. The cost table attachment from the “Dental Economics” shows the calculations. Click for the Table.
- Dentists may charge on the average $62.00 per each pan x-ray to patient or insurance company.
- There is a general rule of thumb that a Panoramic Machine pay for themselves within 6 months.
- The financial picture for dentists also includes the extra revenue from additional procedures they will do as a result of diagnostics made available from the panoramic X-Rays. Extra revenue associated With the panoramic X-Ray diagnosis is estimated at 5% of their revenue.
- When you add all these up the net result may be the cost of the pan will be paid up within 6 months plus additional revenue for the Dentist in the future.
It is noteworthy that the digital panoramic X-Ray machine, Digital imaging sensors #1 & #2 and the portable handheld intraoral X-Ray equipment save cost by reducing time spent by Dentist, assistants and hygienists. Efficiency and the stature of the dental practice increases along with the patient confidence and satisfaction.